Did you know that people who watch your videos are the ones who are most engaged with your brand and are most likely to buy from you?
“If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video could very well be worth a thousand sales. Considering that video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings, and that viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a video” Sherice Jacob
This is one of the reasons why Facebook favors video ads over image ads, because the algorithm knows it will attract and engage more of your ideal audience.
If you are a course creator, online coach, or e-commerce business and you are not creating video content yet, you’re missing out on building a strong loyal customer base and scaling sales. This is also not only very important to grow your presence organically but for the success of your Facebook & Instagram ads campaigns.
Entrepreneurs have the misconception that they need high tech equipment to create videos when in reality, all you need is your phone and good lighting. So here you have it. Stop making excuses and start creating video content today!
IMPLEMENTING VIDEO ON YOUR FACEBOOK ADS STRATEGY
Once you are creating consistent video content and implement it on your organic and paid social media strategy, you will be able to:
- Retarget everyone who has watched 10 seconds, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 95% of your organic or paid (ads) videos.
- Target millions of people who are very similar to the ones who watch your videos (lookalike audience).
- Automatically update all your video views audiences. These audiences will grow as more people watch your videos.
Creating Video Views Audiences:
- Video Views Audiences:
This will be one of your most important warm audiences. You can use it for retargeting campaigns when you want people to take valuable action like making purchases, joining your email list, or opting-in for an event.
How to create a Video Views Audience:
- Go to the audiences section in your Facebook ads manager:
- Click on “Create Audience” -> “Custom Audience”
- Under “Facebook sources”, select “Video”
- A window will pop up to create the video engagement custom audience.
Under engagement, you will select which audience you want to target. The higher the watched percentage, the more engaged the audience will be, but it’d likely be a smaller audience than when you select 50% views or less.
- After you select the audience, you will see the “Choose videos” option for you to select your videos. You can select as many videos as you want from Facebook and Instagram.
- After you select your videos, you will then select the number of days people will remain in your audience after they engage with your content.
- Last but not least, you will name your audience and click on “create audience”
- When you are done setting up your video views audience. Give Facebook about 30 minutes to update the audience size.
Bonus: Don’t forget to update your video views audience when you post new videos so it captures the engagement of your new content.
- Lookalike Video Views Audiences:
Here you will create a cold audience of millions of people who are very similar to the audience that engages with your videos. This is a great audience to welcome people into your funnel. You can use this audience to engage them with your videos, send them as traffic to your website or invite them to join your email list through a lead magnet.
How to Create a Lookalike Video Views Audience:
Once you create your Video Views Audience (step 1), you will checkmark the audience and select the “Create Lookalike Option”.
Bonus: Make sure your video views audience is bigger than 1,000 so Facebook allows you to create the lookalike audience.
It’s that simple my friends! Optimize your social media strategy by adding video and stop leaving money on the table!
One Reply to “Why You’re Losing Money By Not Adding Video to Your Facebook Ads Strategy and How To Get Started!”