Are you running dynamic ads yet? If you have an e-commerce business, you’ll want to keep reading.
Dynamic product ads are the ads that you see on Facebook and Instagram after you viewed or added to cart a product on a website. This type of ad generates an average of 5-10x ROAS. If you have an e-commerce business and you are not running these type of ads yet, you are missing out (big-time) on generating more sales for your business.
You may be saying “All this sounds great Ana, but where do I start?
- The first thing you want to do is to make sure that your Facebook pixel is working properly. 4 If you own a Shopify store, you can set up your product feed by either linking Facebook as a sales channel or by using the Flexify app from the Shopify App Store.
- Create your product catalog on Facebook under Business manager → Catalog manager → Create catalog
- Create a product set by going to: Catalog manager → Click on your catalog → Product sets → Create new product sets. I like creating product sets for top-selling categories or all in-stock products.
After you are finished with these steps, you are now ready to start creating your dynamic ad!
- Click on create new campaigns and select “Catalog Sales” as the objective. Select your catalog, name your campaign, select your budget and click continue
- At the ad set level, select the product set you would like to use and the retargeting segment. I personally like running campaigns for customers who have abandoned cart in the last few days or customers who have viewed products in the last 2 weeks.
- IMPORTANT: Under optimization and delivery, select “conversion events” and as event type select “purchase”. This way, you’ll be optimizing for purchase instead of clicks. After this, you can click next and move to ad level.
- At the ad level, select the type of ad you would like to run. In my experience, I’ve found great success with carousel ads. Then, you can add your copy under “primary text”. You can also add your product details such as name and price under “headline” and “description”.
- Enter your landing page URL for when people click on the view more option, select the “Shop Now” call-to-action, and click on publish to make your ads live.
Let your ads run for 3 days and optimize from there!
Ok my friend, now you have no excuse to not run dynamic ads. Start testing today and let me know how it goes!